At JKPS we celebrate participation and effort! Our aim is to get all our children enjoying and developing their movement skills every week.
During their weekly PE session, pupils focus on a range of indoor and outdoor sports with a focus on skill building to help them with their physical development. As well as skill work, children are introduced to a variety of games which help provide ideas they can take with them to playtimes and when they are at the park with friends and family. By making our programme fun and inclusive it encourages a love of being physically active, invests in social skills and promotes mental wellbeing.
The children will develop many key abilities:
- Physical — balance, coordination, agility
- Personal — growth mindset, resilience, open to challenges
- Creative — flair and imagination to do the unexpected
- Social — cooperate in a team, praise and encourage others
- Cognitive — critically evaluate performance, develop tactics
- Health — having a body which is physical fit and understands how to look after it
The school plays fixtures against other local schools and tries to give as many children as possible an experience of competition. We are involved in many inter-school sports events which take place weekly basis. These include football, netball, cricket and dance, and we hope to continue to expand the offering in the future. Children practice for these at sport-specific after school clubs run daily.