Vision and values
‘Bilingualism for everybody’
At Judith Kerr Primary School, every child will make the best progress and reach the highest possible standards they can in all aspects of their development.
Every student, every lesson, all the time…
The Every Student strategy is designed to close the attainment gaps for these students. It’s about putting inclusion at the heart of the culture and values of JKPS and all other Anthem schools . Everyone must believe that every student can achieve and surpass all expectations.
By reducing the attainment gap between advantaged and disadvantaged students we raise attainment for all.
What does this mean in practice?
If in every lesson, every student 'gets it', and understands the main idea, then they are ready to move on to the next lesson successfully. Setting students up to succeed means focusing on building up their knowledge and skills, day in day out.
Every student, every lesson, all the time.
This vision is the touchstone for education at all Anthem schools.
In order to do this, we aim to:
- Provide high-quality teaching of an inclusive, challenging and knowledge-rich curriculum that meets the needs of all pupils.
- Have high expectations and strive to achieve high standards for all pupils in every lesson.
- Nurture a team ethos with kindness and respect for others at its heart-our number one rule is be kind.
- Encourage all pupils to become reflective, independent thinkers, who take responsibility, show initiative and develop self-discipline, along with an ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Build on our active partnership with Anthem schools and their leaders, parents and the local community.
- Provide a high-quality learning environment that is safe, stimulating and attractive, whilst reflecting the school’s culture of care of self, each other and the environment.
- Develop the knowledge and skills of all staff through a rigorous approach to continuous professional development.